COVID-19 Ongoing Updates
Concerned about COVID-19?
Since the beginning of the pandemic, Rancho Water has been closely monitoring events and public health recommendations surrounding the outbreak and spread of COVID-19. We want to reassure our customers that your tap water is available and safe. There has never been any evidence to support that COVID-19 is transmitted through drinking water.
What We’re Doing
Bill Pay Options:
- Our lobby is open regular hours for bill payments only.
- Drop payments in our drop box located at our District Headquarters (42135 Winchester Rd., Temecula)
- Automatic Payment - Sign up for EasyPay and have your bill paid automatically from your checking or savings account
- Over the Web - Access your account online using My Account and pay by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover
- By Phone - Call 951-296-6930 option 2 and pay over the phone with your Visa, MasterCard, or Discover
To reach our Engineering Services department:
Call (951) 296-6900 option 4. Please leave a message and someone will return your call as soon as possible.
For all other vendors, please call the individual that you scheduled the appointment or service with for further instructions.
Rancho Water’s Treatment Process
Rancho Water provides drinking water from a blend of groundwater wells and imported surface water from the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD). Groundwater provides a natural filtration process which facilitates the removal of contaminants such as COVID-19. MWD utilizes multiple steps in their treatment process that is sufficient to physically remove, disinfect, and chemically inactivate viruses, bacteria, and other living organisms. This level of treatment meets the stringent state and federal drinking water standards that ensures water is safe for consumption.
Our water quality staff continuously monitors the water supply throughout the distribution system, collecting more than 2,000 samples each year. These results are published in the Annual Water Quality report.
Reinstatement of Late Fees for Non-Payment
In March 2020, Rancho Water's Board of Directors suspended water shutoffs and late payment penalty fees for all customers due to the negative financial impacts of COVID-19.
With the Governor’s action on June 15 to begin the safe reopening of California, as well as the local improving economy and unemployment rates, and recent federal and state COVID-19 assistance, Rancho Water will be reinstating late fees on the following dates:
- September 1, 2021– Reinstatement of delinquent charges and interest penalties
- January 1, 2022 - Reinstatement of shutoffs for non-payment
Bill Pay Assistance
Certain customers may be eligible for financial assistance administered through Riverside County to help pay for past due water bills incurred during COVID-19. Please visit RanchoWater.com/CAP to learn more.